Eternal Weekend 2019 Haul

Eternal Weekend 2019 has come and gone, and I have some acquisitions to show off. I traveled down with fellow Akron Legionnaires Matt, Bill, and Jim. We went in knowing that we were not going to be able to play in the tournament on Sunday. The timing just does not work out very well for us. We went down looking to make purchases/trades with the vendors. We discussed plans on the trip down and my plan was not very concrete. I knew I wanted to pickup some Revised dual lands, but that was about as specific as I was.

Here is everything I ended up with across 3 trades.
Not shown is the cash I came home with.

We got to the hall, and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of vendors. We hit up the artists first, and got Mark Poole to sign an Akron Legionnaire. Matt presented him with a pin, and we were able to take a picture with him. You can see the picture on the Akron Legionnaire Twitter feed. We then hit up the vendors. As usual there were a bunch of different cards available. Basically anything Old School legal that was worth anything was available.

I walked around with the guys looking at cards trying to decide what I wanted to get. Those of you that don't know me well need to realize that I can get a bad case of analysis paralysis when trying to make decisions. This set in pretty hard, and I went to lunch still unable to make a decision. I knew I wanted to get back into Volcanic Islands. I stopped at a vendor and sat down to make a trade. I traded my Library of Alexandria, Moat, a full set of Khan's fetches (20), and a GP Promo Stoneforge Mystic. I got 3 Volcanic Islands and 2 Taigas. I was pleased with my trade, and went about showing off my new lands to my friends. After some more looking around, I sat down with another vendor and traded about my Alpha Islands, Mountains, Air Elementals, Fireball, Spell Blasts, Power Sink, and Clone for an Unlimited Gauntlet of Might and another Taiga. I was pleased at this point. I have always loved Gauntlet of Might and have wanted one for a few years now and I finally owned one.

We had dinner, and then spent the night playing 9 pack sealed with a box of Throne of Eldraine we picked up. Maybe it wasn't the most Old School way to play, but we had fun, and isn't that really what is important.

We headed back to the hall the next day to make any final purchases before leaving. I did a little looking around, but wasn't planning to get anything. I had a good conversation with Bill about life and decided to shop my Mox Sapphire around a bit. I know some people are wondering why I would consider selling a piece of power when I only own 2. After all, isn't getting a full set of power the goal? Here is the thing, I have more than 1 hobby and naturally they all require some amount of money. Right now, I am starting triathlon training and just purchased a bicycle. So I have been considering selling off my Mox to help pay for that. I asked for a price from a couple of vendors and got a better offer than I expected. I spoke with Matt and Bill about this, and ultimately decided to take the offer. I was able to get enough money to pay for the bicycle while also being able to get a fourth Taiga and a Chaos Orb. Do I miss the Mox, sure, but I was able to get a couple of cool cards while also being able to pay for my bicycle which helps to move along that hobby as well.

All in all, it was a great day and I look forward to building new decks. I will be writing posts about them in the near future, so keep an eye out if you are curious about what I am doing going forward.

Comments

Popular Posts