Winter Derby Round 6


Round 6 Zachary (Mono U Stasis)
1-5 (3-10 in games)
Zachary was on a Mono U Stasis deck. I saw Tropical Islands and Underground Seas, but I believe those were there just to support his splash of Demonic Tutor and Regrowth.

Game 1 went poorly for me. I didn’t get many threats down before he landed a Kismet. That was a problem, but I eventually Disenchanted it. However, another came down and was shortly followed by a Stasis when I was tapped out. He was able to pay for it for several turns before a Boomerang 
brought it back to his hand, only to be cast the next turn. I scooped since everything of mine came into play tapped, and I did not get an Untap phase.

Game 2, I landed a couple of Mishra’s Factories, and went to town on his life total. I was able to see Stasis off the board and even got him down to 1. However, a timely Time Elemental, and a series of Boomerangs meant that I could not keep my Factories on the board, nor was I able to get another threat on the board. While at 6 life, with 6 cards in hand, and him having a Black Vise, he cast Braingeyser for 6 targeting me. I died on my upkeep.

I had some good conversation with Zachary, and I would definitely play him again. He was a cool guy, with an interesting deck.

Comments

Popular Posts