Week 5 - 10 More Basics (Island x6)

I knew that I had to make a purchase of multiple cards to get caught back up. I had been watching an eBay auction for 6 beta Islands, but I got distracted by real life at the last second and was not able to make a final minute bid. It was too bad, because no one bid, and the price was almost too good to be true. The cards were re-listed at the same price, so I watched the auction again, and hoped that once again no one would bid. I was not as lucky this time, but the starting price was still really good, so in the last minute or two of the auction, I put in a few bids, and ended up winning the Islands below for a very good price.


At some point during this whole process, I took a closer look at the Islands and noticed the 2 on the left are in fact Alpha, while the other 4 are Beta. I went to my friend Matt who is doing a similar project this year to confirm as I did not play back then. Those 2 Islands are Alpha, and thus the first Alpha cards for this project, and the only Alpha cards I own. That was a nice surprise, and made the price even better.

Comments

Popular Posts