Project Changes

Another update is far overdue so here goes. This project has been going pretty slow since I picked up the Alpha and Beta Islands in early March. A week or so later I was doing some thinking about my deck and it dawned on me that a 40 card deck in 2 colors would not leave room for all of the playable cards that I wanted to use. I would be too constrained on card slots. This path led me to the decision to make the deck mono blue. It would allow me to play more of the blue creatures and spells that I really wanted to play. With that in mind, I refined my eBay searches, and went back to the drawing board for cards I wanted to pickup.

On April 11th, I found a number of Blue cards, mostly commons with a few uncommons from Alpha on eBay. I was not certain I wanted to pickup a bunch of Alpha cards, but they were all in good condition, and fairly priced. After a talk with my friend Matt from 52weekbeta.blogspot.com I decided to make the jump to all Alpha. He had made that jump a few months ago, and it was something I was not ready to do at the time. However, the opportunity to get a bunch of blue Alpha cards was too much to pass up, so I did it. I will not jinx the order by listing out what I picked up until I have it in hand. Unfortunately, the shipment is from overseas, so it may be awhile before I can make that post.

Hopefully, I will have other purchases to post about in the meantime, but for now, I'm down to 2 Islands for my Mono U all Alpha deck.

Comments

Popular Posts