Week 10 - 23 Creatures and Spells

I finally received the shipment of cards that caused me to switch to an all Alpha deck. A month or so ago Grey Ogre Games listed a bunch of Alpha cards on eBay for very reasonable prices. I took the opportunity to pickup 14 cards for my deck.

First up, I picked up what is probably the best creature for my deck that can be had for under $50. I got a pair of Air Elemental. It has a big body and evasion, so I expect these guys to do some work.


Second, I was looking for some counters. What is the point in playing blue, if I cannot counter my opponent's spells, and steal their fun? I picked up a playset of Spell Blast.


Third, I picked up a playset of Psychic Venom. It is a card I have always liked, but I have not found a good place to play the card. I'm not sure how good it will be in the deck, but I'm hoping it at least does enough work to stay in the deck.


Last is probably my favorite playset of cards that I was able to pickup. I have always loved Prodigal Sorcerer. When I started playing magic the second time (around Ravnica block), I built a very casual Blue/Red deck that used Prodigal Sorcerer, because I loved the idea of pinging. The deck was not very good, but I loved playing it. I had the opportunity to add a playset of Tim to the deck, and I took it. I expect a pinger to make combat math more difficult, and multiples could cripple an opposing board state.


That brings my count of cards up to 23. I have 17 cards left to acquire, 9 of which will be basic Islands.

Comments

Popular Posts