Full Deck

I made a big trade to abugames.com at the end of November. I traded a bunch of cards that I was not using for store credit. In the end I filled an entire 750 count box and shipped it in. Amongst other things that allowed me to pickup the 3 Alpha Mountains they had in stock to finish my deck.


They only had 3 in stock of that particular art. Now I know some people will disagree with me, but I feel this is the superior art. At least it is the art I prefer so I was thrilled that I was able to finish out my deck.

Speaking of that, here it is in all of its glory.


It may not look like much, but there is only so much that can be done with an all Alpha restriction and limited funds.

The next question you might be asking me is, "So are you done?" I suppose I could be content that I have a pike of 40 Alpha cards that can be considered a deck. I certainly don't plan to expand to 60 cards, or build another one of these in the near future. However, I believe that I will always be on the lookout for more cards for the deck. As I mentioned in a previous post, I would like to up the land count at some point. I think there are better spells and creatures I can add as well. To top it off, that Island in the bottom left frustrates me since it is the only Island of that particular art. I will definitely be replacing that with a different Island next year. The big thing is that I won't be on a time frame. I can do it on my pace.

This was a fun project and I would encourage anyone that wants an Alpha 40 deck to build one. It is not easy, and it certainly is not cheap. In fact, it is getting more expensive every day. It is fulfilling though. This is a deck that no one can take away, and that will always be viable in the format. You don't have to build it in 12 months, that was a restriction I put on myself. However, with a lot of discipline, and some good luck and speculating with other cards, it is certainly an obtainable goal for anyone who might be interested. If you ever want any help or advice about this, feel free to post on this blog, and I will be more than happy to talk with you about it.

Don't take this to mean that I will be abandoning this blog. I may have started it to track my Alpha 40 project, but I will use it to track more Old School stuff going forward. I also will be embarking on something else fun with my friend Matt in the upcoming months, but more on that later.

Comments

Popular Posts